Housing Assistance & Campus Parking
Help Finding Your New Home
Most Loyola Law students live off campus in any number of nearby apartments, mansions, carriage houses, shotguns, and camelback homes. The College of Law’s campus is nestled in the quintessential Uptown New Orleans neighborhood. You’ll find a mixture of multi-units, mansions, shops, restaurants, and plenty of green space in nearby Audubon Park. The best strategy for securing housing is to visit New Orleans in the summer to get acquainted with the city, with the plan to put down a deposit on an apartment.
We have an array of resources to help you find your new home. We know you will fall in love with the culture and energy of New Orleans once you’re here. Before you get started with your rental search, we recommend you take a look at our Neighborhood Guide and Life in New Orleans page to learn more about the various areas of the city. For instance, you may be drawn to the Central Business District if you’re an art lover who wants a more urban feel, while you may want to stay Uptown if you’re looking forward to Carnival season and want lots of outdoor time.
Let’s get to it!
- The Office of Law Admissions will regularly post housing listings to the Housing Facebook Group, where students can also connect with potential roommates.
- During the summer months, the Office of Law Admissions is available to assist incoming students with their housing search. Email email@example.com to discuss housing assistance.
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Office for Accessible Education before beginning their housing search.
- UniversityRentalListing.com is Loyola's official rental listing provider. All properties go through a vetting process before they are able to advertise.
- Sonder Neighborhood Rentals offers short and long term leases available to students. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: full name, email address, dates you are looking for and the number of bedrooms you need.
- If you’d like to work with a Realtor for your search, you can email email@example.com for one-to-one referrals of agents who are proud graduates of Loyola.
Explore Utility Costs
Use the In My Area website to find providers and compare prices for internet, cable TV and other home services available in your specific area. This service is at no cost to students and includes free relocation consultations.
Set Up Parking
Most students and visitors can take advantage of street parking adjacent to Loyola College of Law. Student parking is available on Loyola's Main Campus and for evening students on the Broadway Campus. Please review our parking guide to learn more about student parking permits, the complimentary campus shuttle, and parking on the neighborhood streets.
Get Settled in at Loyola
In the spirit of our Jesuit value cura personalis, we know that getting settled into life at Loyola means taking care of all aspects of your life, including your mind, body, and spirit. Being a law student is a big commitment. Explore our spiritual, social, and supportive services to help you on your journey.
- Access Wellness Support, including counseling, health services, campus ministry, and more.
- Learn about the Student Organizations you can join while you’re here to advocate for issues you’re passionate about, make friends, and connect your legal education to the community around you.
- Explore the Loyola Bookstore for Loyno gear, study materials, and tech equipment to create your ideal work space.
- The University Sports Complex is available to all Loyola students, including group fitness classes, personal training, swimming instruction, yoga, and pilates.
We can’t wait to welcome you to Loyola College of Law. If you need help with a specific concern or question not listed on this page, please reach out to our admissions office at any time. Email the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504.861.5575.